We understand that poor mental health is both a cause and consequence of homelessness. Mental Health can be triggered, or be part of, a series of events that can lead to homelessness. Additionally, mental health issues might well be exacerbated or caused by the stresses associated with being homeless.
The support from our team is underpinned by key features of recovery, hope, respect, control and personal growth. We use person centred planning tools to help identify with individuals what support they want in order to achieve their ambitions and goals.
People are encouraged to be actively involved in designing their support package, the running of each service and overall development of our organisation. People receiving a service will be offered a support worker. Support is available between 7:00am and 10.00pm, Monday – Sunday.
THE SUPPORT WE PROVIDE
- Help with skills needed to maintain a tenancy (paperwork, budgeting, environment, health and safety)
- Emotional support
- Health and wellbeing support
- Developing social networks
- Accessing community facilities i.e. leisure, work and education
- Enhancing people’s confidence